The Black Violet Tarot Deluxe Edition
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
The deluxe edition of The Black Violet Tarot is a deck for artists and dreamers. Throughout history and folklore, violets have represented life and fertility, death and remembrance - a striking contrast of joy versus grief, beginning versus end, and future versus past.
Created by Heidi Phelps as she became a mother while losing her own mother to cancer, the Black Violet Tarot was illustrated entirely in black and white, to reflect this idea of bittersweet dualities - of shining a light in times of darkness.
The first Black Violet Tarot deck was published in 2020. This “Deluxe” edition is a special edition of the deck for its 3rd anniversary. New additions to the deluxe edition include matte black edging, black foil pattern card backs, upgraded cardstock, a new box design, updates to the design of the Death and Empress cards and two all new bonus cards, Ghost and Coven. The expanded guidebook delves into meanings and images for each card, editorial notes, key words for reversals, an introduction by Heidi Phelps and a foreword by Benebell Wen, author of Holistic Tarot.
- 80 cards including two bonus cards, 2.75" x 4.75" standard tarot size
- Upgraded 350 gsm art paper cardstock with matte lamination
- Matte black edges, and black on black card backs – a beautiful design of black foil violet pattern on solid matte black card stock
- Includes the expanded guidebook, with a foreword by Benebell Wen
- Custom magnetic closure keepsake box with a black ribbon pull and foil stamped logo, with anti-scratch lamination